The 12 South Farmers Market is looking for an intern for the remainder of the season (now till end of October). Think you’ve got what it takes?
Here’s what we are looking for:
First and foremost, someone who is passionate about the local food movement. Someone who is outgoing, motivated, independent, and capable of dealing with people.
- Able to be present at every Market – Tuesday afternoons from 2:30-7:00pm through the end of October
- Has the use of computer and email to communicate with vendors and volunteers
- Must be at least 18years old to qualify
- Has the physical ability to lift, set up, and be outdoors for a number of hours
- Coordinates and plans special events at the market (once a month)
- Coordinates volunteers for special event days and kids events
- Responsible for set up and tear down at each Market (signage, tents etc)
- Runs the Market info booth
- Collects the booth fees from Farmers and delivers to Market Manager
- Interns will receive $50 every Tuesday at the end of the Market
- Interns will receive a bag of local produce each Tuesday
If you are interested in becoming an intern – please fill out this Internship Application
and email or mail it to Mary Crimmins by August 29th, 2011.