“Kids Cook” Classes at 12SFM
Generously provided by:
The 12 South Farmers Market is pleased to announce the return of our Kids Cook classes thanks to the generous gift of sponsorship from Community Hospitality & their group of restaurants; Josephine, Burger UP, and Prima.
Our Kids Cook classes focus on teaching children the foundation of healthy eating, about eating through the seasons, getting to know your farmer, and gaining hands-on experience preparing locally grown ingredients available at the market. Classes will be taught by registered dietitian Lindsey Joe, a dietician intern, and our 12SFM interns along with a few guest chef appearances!
Each class will include a guided market tour, small group instruction, sample tastings, and recipes to take home. These FREE classes are offered to children ages 8-12 and held on Tuesdays from June 6 -June 20 & July 11-July 25 from 5:15-6:15pm. Due to the limited class size participants will be limited to 1 class and pre-registration is required.
Parents are welcome to stay and observe the kids cooking classes however encouraged to wonder, shop, and foster independence within their child.
Parents are required to stay in Sevier Park for the length of the class, 5:15-6:15pm.
You will receive a confirmation email from a program leader with your child’s class assignment and you will also receive a reminder email the Sunday before the class.
If at any time you wish to cancel your registration, please contact the class instructor Lindsey Joe, [email protected]
2017 CLASSES OPEN FOR REGISTRATION!
- Tuesday, June 6 – Delicious Dips! Sweet & savory dips perfect for snack time!
- Tuesday, June 13 – Great Grilled Cheeses! Master the perfect grilled cheese with special guest chef Crystal from The Grilled Cheeserie!
- Tuesday, June 20 – Never Ending Noodles! Perfecting pasta with special guest chef, Holly from Golden Roots meal kits!
- Tuesday, July 11 – Super Stir-Fry! Simple, delicious, and quick with an Asian flair!
- Tuesday, July 18 – Totally Taco Tuesday! Taco ‘bout everyone’s favorite new recipe with guest chef Karman from the TN Beef Council!
- Tuesday, July 25 – The Best Breakfast Ever! Because breakfast for dinner is awesome with guest chef Garrett Pittler!