“Kids Cook” Classes at 12SFM
The 12 South Farmers Market is pleased to announce the return of our Kids Cook classes!
Our Kids Cook classes focus on teaching children the foundation of healthy eating, about eating through the seasons, getting to know your farmer, and gaining hands-on experience preparing locally grown ingredients available at the market.
Classes will be taught by Kristen Edmonson, a RD-to-be living in Nashville, TN! She is finishing up her dietetic internship this May and will be eligible to take the RD exam in June. She recently graduated from Lipscomb University with her Masters in Exercise and Nutrition Science. She is passionate about health and wellness at all stages of life! She loves cooking and enjoying healthy foods throughout the seasons. She was the Kids Cook intern last year and is now ready to lead the kids, along with a new intern!
Get ready for exciting cooking classes taught by local chefs & culinary experts!
Each class will include a guided market tour, small group instruction, sample tastings, and recipes to take home. These classes are offered to children ages 8-12 and held on select Tuesdays throughout the season from 5:15-6:15pm. Pre-registration is required.
- May 22-Best Breakfast Ever (Ryan Reisdorf- Chef of Eat Placemat) http://www.eatplacemat.com
- May 29-Super Stir Fry (Anthony DeGeorge- Executive Chef at Avo)
- June 12-Great Grilled Cheeses (Tyler Saracino-Executive Sous Chef at Holston House)
- June 19- Never-Ending Noodles (Tom Eckert- Chef at Tansuo)
- July 3-Totally Tacos (Karman Meyer-RD for TN Beef Industry Council)
- July 10 Delicious Dips (Chelsea LeBlanc-RDN)
Parents are welcome to stay and observe the kids cooking classes however encouraged to wonder, shop, and foster independence within their child.
Parents are required to stay in Sevier Park for the length of the class, 5:15-6:15pm.
You will receive a confirmation email from a program leader with your child’s class assignment and you will also receive a reminder email the Sunday before the class.